What is Men’s Work?
You are expected to show up every day, earn a living, support your family, develop your skills, save for retirement, and generally deal with whatever life throws at you.
The reality is that no one is coming to save you.
This is true for men and women, so to help make life easier, we find support from others to lighten the load. Generally, women share their emotions and challenges with their friends. Men are good at bottling up their feelings and avoiding the issues that cause them pain.
Have you ever experienced being part of a winning team?
Being part of a winning team feels euphoric, especially if you get a big win.
The best part about winning is sharing the win with your team and supporters.
I have sat in men’s circles for 10 years and witnessed men make dramatic changes to their lives because of the support from other men.
Men’s Work is about having a team and a support crew who are shouting for you in the game of life.
Men’s Work is:
- Seeking out the support of other men
- Supporting other men in their Work
- Being accountable for your agreements
- Showing up consistently
- Connecting with your emotions and sharing with other men
- Discovering your shadow, that part of you that you hide, repress and deny
- Finding your gold, that part of you shines bright
- Stretching yourself to be better and encouraging other men to do the same
- Working towards a mission that makes the world a better place
Men’s Work is not:
- A pity party and moaning session
- An advice session
- A night out with the guys
In a world full of judgement, having a space of joy, love and support where you can connect with friends and look closely at your life is more valuable than you can imagine.
Read this post and more on my Typeshare Social Blog